Friday 8 July 2011

Trailer Trash | Into the Infinite with Bioshock, Baby

Got time?

If you don't have 15 minutes to watch this video right this second, do yourself a favour: find them, and report back here immediately.

What I'm embedding below is a video of a game which stands to change the way we play. I'm talking about Bioshock: Infinite, of course. Sure-fire Game of the Year contender and undisputed winner of E3 2011... spiritual successor to what is perhaps the most ground-breaking video game of the millennium... the very demo which stunned everyone lucky enough to get eyes on it at this summer's Electronic Entertainment Expo has finally been released.

And you have to watch it.


So. Speechless?

I know I was.

Having recovered my jaw from the floor, all I'll say is that this marks the last time I'll be paying attention to footage from Bioshock: Infinite. It's still a ways out, alas, and that I'll buy it and play this thing to death and rebirth whenever the release date rolls around, well... after this demo, you can take that as said.

But I'd like to be able to... to discover it for myself, rather than have any more of it pre-empted by videos like the one above. Irrational Games aren't idiots; if they're prepared to give this much of the game away, there has to a whole lot more they aren't showing. And that makes my heart very glad indeed.

That said -- this far, and no farther!

Now, you all played Bioshock, didn't you? I'll thank you not to speak of the sequel, incidentally. Anyone our there as excited as I am to read Bioshock: Rapture by John Shirley? My review copy came in the mail this week - of which there'll be more in The BoSS, returning this weekend - and I can hardly wait to get a start on it.

Actually, you know what? It's not like I've anything better to do tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment